deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On Losing Weight and Diet Pills.
Diets do not work.  Neither do diet pills.  Same goes for all those food plans.
Not unless you make changes to the way you eat after you get to goal weight.
Trust me on this.

And all those "fad" fixes.  Wiring your jaw shut.  Stapling your stomach.  How does that help when you were consuming vast numbers of calories and your body got used to that.
Then your body gets used to way fewer calories and goes into starvation mode...and you stop losing weight consuming too few calories.
Yo yo diets, anyone?

These current new stories about celebrities and diet pills just goes to show the rich fall for these get thin quick plans just like us regular folk.

Oprah Winfrey Just Set the Record Straight About Her Recent Weight Loss

Sharon Osbourne on Her Ozempic Weight Loss: "I Didn't Actually Want To Go This Thin"

And just look at all the wondrous little pills OKd by the benevolent FDA
What's the difference between Ozempic and Zepbound? Our comprehensive guide to weight-loss drugs

Yep, the FDA and it's cousin the USDA have nothing but our best interests at heart.
(12-14-2023, 12:07 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Diets do not work.  Neither do diet pills.  Same goes for all those food plans.
Not unless you make changes to the way you eat after you get to goal weight.
Trust me on this.

And all those "fad" fixes.  Wiring your jaw shut.  Stapling your stomach.  How does that help when you were consuming vast numbers of calories and your body got used to that.
Then your body gets used to way fewer calories and goes into starvation mode...and you stop losing weight consuming too few calories.
Yo yo diets, anyone?

These current new stories about celebrities and diet pills just goes to show the rich fall for these get thin quick plans just like us regular folk.

Oprah Winfrey Just Set the Record Straight About Her Recent Weight Loss

Sharon Osbourne on Her Ozempic Weight Loss: "I Didn't Actually Want To Go This Thin"

And just look at all the wondrous little pills OKd by the benevolent FDA
What's the difference between Ozempic and Zepbound? Our comprehensive guide to weight-loss drugs

Yep, the FDA and it's cousin the USDA have nothing but our best interests at heart.

Those drugs like Ozempic are dangerous with side effets, nobody can even know the long term side effets . I think using those type of drugs is like shooting itself.

The natural remedies can help , not alone but together with intermittent fasting and avoiding too much carbs.

Low-Dose Niacinamide , Berberine , Hesperidin , Resveratrol ,  Milk Thistle, cinnamon , quercetin .

Berberine , Hesperidin , Resveratrol ,  Milk Thistle, cinnamon , quercetin help activate AMPK metabolic switch . Low-Dose Niacinamide works other way but also switch things ...

Low-Dose Niacinamide Has Striking Antiobesity Effects

The real difficulty is to program body again to burn more fat. Intermittent fasting or ketosis is not same as fat adaptition.....people can fast few days and use ketones....but that`s not the same as getting real fat adaptition....which can take up to 12 weeks or something...3 months . it does require patience and time....some people require less time thought.
Can attest to that, do not do Ozempic, my doctor said it would jump-start my weight loss. Wigged me out badly and I only used it for 3-5 months. Then she switched to Trulitcity but thankfully it was to expensive.

It was intermittent fasting, you just have to find your sweet spot, fast 36-48 hours every 7 days. Its why the caveman diet is BS, no doubt they would go hungry days at a time. Then eat a full but sensible meal at the same hour every day worked for me once a day only . Went from 370 to 270 in 9 months with no exercising, and all of a sudden A1C is clear no HBP. I was 57 years old and had been obese for at least 5 years now it comes off slower but still moving in the right direction. After a few weeks, I can do fine on a small bowl of food and water or tea for a whole day. 

No sugars even watch fruit sugars, I would do some honey occasionally but after a while, even that tastes too sweet. Watch the carbs too, though I'd do a stir-fried brown rice that's pretty adaptable to any protein of vegetables, grilled chicken, seared ahi tuna salmon, a small spoonful of peanut butter, and dark chocolate chips were my cheat. FWIW about a month before I did a 7-day fast, it wasn't easy but it did help me come up with various flavored water and teas I still enjoy

Allergies cleared up, and when they came back it stopped my brief backslide. Used always be stuffed and clogged sinuses needed Afrin or nose spray. 

For me, I try to start the fast on Friday, NGL that first day I usually drink water and sleep as much as possible if I can get that first 18-24 hours I can usually knock out the 36 to 48 much easier. I do drink ginger tea or ginger water it just settles my stomach once it starts to revolt. Take your vitamins lots of time just a potassium pill helps too. Be flexible enough to find what works for you, I busted the first couple of attempts 30 or so hours in and it pissed me off so, I finally pushed through. 

The next problem take care of the loose skin...

LOL if you try a 7-day fast make sure after that first time you eat you are near a bathroom, is all Im gonna sa
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
Diet

I found great success with eating keto and a regimented workout program, initially I did not start into the IF side of things until I was accustomed to the change in diet. Once I had a handle on the food portions and types I started doing a modified IF where I didn't consume any measurable calories until after the morning workouts, the only calories consumed came as a marginal amount with my pre-workout supplements. Post workout it was a casein protein shake to help with muscle repair and mass building.

Exercise

For the exercise portion I did cardio warmup (rowing, running, elliptical) and once heated up I would alternate between upper body activities (bench press, pull ups, seated bicep curls, preacher bench curls, skull crushers, front plate raises) and lower/core work (squats, deadlift, rdl, weighted lunges, planking).

Fancy Graphs

[Image: Aj1WIqWt_t.png]
(12-14-2023, 10:49 AM)Helig Wrote: Diet

I found great success with eating keto and a regimented workout program, initially I did not start into the IF side of things until I was accustomed to the change in diet. Once I had a handle on the food portions and types I started doing a modified IF where I didn't consume any measurable calories until after the morning workouts, the only calories consumed came as a marginal amount with my pre-workout supplements. Post workout it was a casein protein shake to help with muscle repair and mass building.

Exercise

For the exercise portion I did cardio warmup (rowing, running, elliptical) and once heated up I would alternate between upper body activities (bench press, pull ups, seated bicep curls, preacher bench curls, skull crushers, front plate raises) and lower/core work (squats, deadlift, rdl, weighted lunges, planking).

Fancy Graphs

[Image: https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/1a/0f/Aj1WIqWt_t.png]

Absolutely didn't mean to dismiss exercise, LOL I just didn't do it, but you definitely should. There are exercises virtually anybody can do that helps keep the weight off. When I was younger and didn't have issues, exercising helped me burn through a fasting period.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(12-14-2023, 11:10 AM)putnam6 Wrote: Absolutely didn't mean to dismiss exercise, LOL I just didn't do it, but you definitely should. There are exercises virtually anybody can do that helps keep the weight off. When I was younger and didn't have issues, exercising helped me burn through a fasting period.

No worries, initially I was just doing the diet portion because I've learened trying to do too much too fast generally leads to failure from being overwhelmed. In my case I wasn't just trying to lose weight but also build muscle so I ramped up the exercise as the weight dropped to build out some mass to not look so floppy with lose skin.
(12-14-2023, 11:27 AM)Helig Wrote: No worries, initially I was just doing the diet portion because I've learened trying to do too much too fast generally leads to failure from being overwhelmed. In my case I wasn't just trying to lose weight but also build muscle so I ramped up the exercise as the weight dropped to build out some mass to not look so floppy with lose skin.

LOL I will definitely need to do that too, but one thing at a time, NGL fasting saps my energy and I ain't as awake as I used to be anyway would love to turn the fat into muscle, but right now all I got is resistant bands and aren't free weights better for muscle mass or am I misremembering. Plus wouldn't you want to use some whey protein occasionally?
(12-14-2023, 02:21 PM)putnam6 Wrote: LOL I will definitely need to do that too, but one thing at a time, NGL fasting saps my energy and I ain't as awake as I used to be anyway would love to turn the fat into muscle, but right now all I got is resistant bands and aren't free weights better for muscle mass or am I misremembering. Plus wouldn't you want to use some whey protein occasionally?

From my understanding of proteins casein is a slower processed one so it will be used during recovery better than a short lived one like whey. Of course both of those pale in comparison to good ole fashion protein from Whole Foods, but they fit a niche of being much easier to consume right after a workout (vs steak and eggs)
(12-14-2023, 06:08 PM)Helig Wrote: From my understanding of proteins casein is a slower processed one so it will be used during recovery better than a short lived one like whey. Of course both of those pale in comparison to good ole fashion protein from Whole Foods, but they fit a niche of being much easier to consume right after a workout (vs steak and eggs)

Hmmm thanks I was never a workout hound, so I didn't know, sounds like in my situation I can fast and exercise and I might be able to choke down a bowl of steak and eggs. LOL, I know I will try that before I fall back on whey.
(12-14-2023, 02:40 AM)Kenzo Wrote: The real difficulty is to program body again to burn more fat. Intermittent fasting or ketosis is not same as fat adaptition.....people can fast few days and use ketones....but that`s not the same as getting real fat adaptition....which can take up to 12 weeks or something...3 months . it does require patience and time....some people require less time thought.

I tried LC back right around when Atkins slipped and fell and died.
It sorta worked until the carbs were craved again.

Fast forward to 2020 and Intermittent Fasting.  I am here to tell you it worked for me.  I think it was 20-25 pounds that has stayed off for several years now.  Biggest drawback is carb cravings still now and then.