deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
World will become exponentially weirder
(01-16-2024, 04:23 PM)Halfswede Wrote: Bold highlighted by me.  It's both...a bit of chicken and egg all wrapped up.  You could also look at it like getting your morning coffee spiked by your paranoid/jealous wife with some mood altering drug like ecstasy.  Are you at fault for cheating on your wife if you and your flirty coworker ... yes! absolutely, but that's not the whole story, is it. There was some outside influence driving it, but you had the ultimate say.

Imagine for a second that something couldn't be destroyed arbitrarily, but all of the rotten particles could be.  Well in the eyes of some, they might try and accelerate the rot of highly decayed matter in order for it to be fully rotten and destroyed justifiably -- sort of the nuke it and start over mentality. You could sort of think of it as having a knee in the curve.  As long as you stay on one side of the hill, it's not so hard to come back down, but once you go over the top, it tends to accelerate.

Say some concepts were introduced to break the norms and traditions that were keeping things from degenerating as quickly so as to accelerate it.  If you resisted, you wouldn't be to blame, but if you didn't you would. Some corruption and concepts are so subtle that we might not even notice how we were duped until looking back.  Does that mean you aren't to blame?

In reality, we are all to blame, but the driver is degeneration of higher and finer matter, but without human action, it wouldn't manifest quickly here. The sad thing is people of all generations have happily ridden the current of dysfunction and even celebrate all kinds of crazy.

The modern generation simply has no foundation of normal to fall back on so has it even worse as far as clear judgement goes.  Imagine if you grew up with no other concept that what has happened in the last 20 years.

Let's say for the let's pretend game that the future process will not include such a significant degeneration process and will implement a renewal mechanism without the destruction phase far before things get so damaged and rotten.

Perhaps physically Im guilty of the act of cheating, but legally Im sure a decent attorney could rightfully argue that absence the intoxication of Exctasy I wouldn't have cheated. 

Regardless this isn't what Terrance McKenna is postulating, he suggests time is speeding up not the illusionary effects of a drug, unless you are asserting time speeding up affects our nerve receptors like Mollie or any other drug. Isn't it a different process, almost instinctually, like the hairs standing up on the back of your neck when you are being followed? Or are you suggesting it's just the cumulative effect of more bad times than good. Which doesn't quite fit the greatest generation hypothesis were those born where they experienced the Great Depression and WWII still, were well grounded and more capable than all future generations so far. 

Apologies for so many questions, but I appreciate the discussion
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(01-16-2024, 01:54 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Not gonna lie watched the video 3 times, and have read a little bit more, this has been rattling around my noodle since this morning. There could be a huge shift coming, what it is I don't know. But if we find out we aren't alone on the planet, we might be trying to find a new neighborhood, as perhaps the real landlord doesn't want 7.7 billion tenants. 

I feel an uncertainty that I used to not have concerning the world and society, always put it on Im too plugged into places such as this or ATS, read and follow the news more. But...

Don't forget the Artificial Intelligence angle either, and we just cloned a Rhesus monkey one of the closest analogs to humans. The more questions we begin to answer the more questions we have

I always put the younger generations' angst and anxiety on being such sheltered home bodies compared to us now "old farts". Im sure part of that is true, just as more and more divorces the decline of the nuclear family. But if Im following correctly this is based on the Earth's movement through space and time. ie it's not because my generation screwed it all up LOL. Maybe they have a reason to feel uncertain anxious and filled with anxiety, based on our environment. Perhaps younger generations are more susceptible to these influences much like children are supposedly more perceptive of paranormal events.

I am all for finding new neighborhood Duh i been waving my towel past 5 years hoping a  UFO would pick me up , but no luck .

Yeeh...AI , cloned a Rhesus monkey etc....we are about to enter to turbulence,  buckle up...

Cant much say more at the moment, still waking up with coffee,
(01-16-2024, 10:36 PM)putnam6 Wrote: ...

Regardless this isn't what Terrance McKenna is postulating, he suggests time is speeding up not the illusionary effects of a drug, unless you are asserting time speeding up affects our nerve receptors like Mollie or any other drug. Isn't it a different process, almost instinctually, like the hairs standing up on the back of your neck when you are being followed? Or are you suggesting it's just the cumulative effect of more bad times than good. Which doesn't quite fit the greatest generation hypothesis were those born where they experienced the Great Depression and WWII still, were well grounded and more capable than all future generations so far. 

Apologies for so many questions, but I appreciate the discussion

The ecstasy example was more in general to your thought that it is just part of the process vs. your fault or the fault of some generation.  It is both.  There is an external force driving the decay, but every being/particle/process within it still has choices to make.  The process is the degeneration of matter at all particle sizes and levels and the result is the weirdness -- it's not just here, but universally.  Think of there being hills and valleys in the substates of things, but also major hills and valleys in a much longer period of time.  This is a much bigger and farther reaching one. 

The time speeding up is a secondary thing made to force the process to go at the fastest rate so as to minimize the dysfunctional period to something more palatable. It is unique to 'this' time vs prior degeneration.

I am purposefully trying to keep the terminology pretty secular, and there are terms other than particles and forces that could be used that might be understood in other context, but you can think of it from the standpoint of all matter being interconnected but also having independent self-managed lives.  The white blood cell in your little toe has its own existence and it knows what to do when it encounters a pathogen or foreign entity, and you really don't control it much, but its life and quality are impacted by your choices. 

I am in no way trying to be cryptic, but human language begins to fail pretty quickly when you go beyond the concept of our dimension of molecular surface material, and people have certain notions about what can and can't exist.
Thank you both for interesting comments putnam6 / Halfswede Thumbup , surely a lot to to think about ...

Vikings had view that there will come cataclysmic destruction of the cosmos and everything in it – even the gods. ( not that i know enought about it )  They called that event Ragnarok.

Ragnarok

Could Ragnarok be related in anyway to this what we talk here? or also wondering is there other mythologies / ancient text in World that has similar story line ?
(01-17-2024, 02:19 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Thank you both for interesting comments putnam6 / Halfswede Thumbup , surely a lot to to think about ...

Vikings had view that there will come cataclysmic destruction of the cosmos and everything in it – even the gods. ( not that i know enought about it )  They called that event Ragnarok.

Ragnarok

Could Ragnarok be related in anyway to this what we talk here? or also wondering is there other mythologies / ancient text in World that has similar story line ?

Absolutely enjoying the thread and comments too. I have heard of a Native American legend that says there are 7 worlds ie the world has had 7 cycles of humans and civilization being built for thousands of years only to be destroyed and start a new. Cant remember if we are are in the middle or are on the last cycle
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(01-22-2024, 03:02 AM)putnam6 Wrote: Absolutely enjoying the thread and comments too. I have heard of a Native American legend that says there are 7 worlds ie the world has had 7 cycles of humans and civilization being built for thousands of years only to be destroyed and start a new. Cant remember if we are are in the middle or are on the last cycle

Would be interesting to check that if you can find the source " 7 worlds ie the world has had 7 cycles" ..
(01-22-2024, 07:19 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Would be interesting to check that if you can find the source " 7 worlds ie the world has had 7 cycles" ..

FWIW when I get a chance there is a decent thread on this on ATS, I'll try and find it. Till then here's this from the Aztec, the Navajo and the Hopi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_World_(mythology)
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart