deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oy!
Just checking in.  I had pretty much stopped at ATS for a couple of months and then the account shenanigans happened. Happy to stop in and check the place out.  Hi to all of the familiar faces.
Hello Halfswede and welcome Beer
Oy yerself!  Good to see ya!
Welcome and hello.
I think as time goes on, this place will be more and more a place to hang your hat...
 [Image: ats2508_cheers.gif]
(01-09-2024, 06:46 AM)Halfswede Wrote: Just checking in.  I had pretty much stopped at ATS for a couple of months and then the account shenanigans happened. Happy to stop in and check the place out.  Hi to all of the familiar faces.

Welcome, and enjoy a cold summer drink to mark your arrival. [Image: ats2508_cheers.gif]
Welcome Halfswede!  I am reminded of a very, very small western town that sprung up in my youth.  At first, it was just a post office and store that began near the crossroads of a cattle transfer point -- a juxtaposition of highway and railroad.   After a while, there was a hotel, then another, then general store, hardware store, some houses, a couple saloons, a restaurant, a tavern, and finally, an A&W rootbeer stand.   Then they grew.   

This is what DI seems like to me, and as a kid I always envied those who in at the beginning to be a part of the initial growth of the town.   Even though I grew up in a small place, it was already formed, with government, sheriff, library, schools, streets, gas stations, fast food, restaurants, etc. 

Pretty cool to be part of the genesis of your home away from home.   Thumbup Beer