deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why was Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's hospital stay kept secret for days?
(01-10-2024, 01:38 PM)Blaine91555 Wrote: It turned out to be prostate cancer. He had the surgery, then developed a bad infection that landed him back in the hospital in ICU.

Being of a similar age, I know that his keeping it secret may in large part be due to wanting privacy. I can easily understand that but keeping it from his boss was a step too far.

Perhaps at his age, he's afraid of being thrown under the bus and being pushed to retire.

Yeah, but when you are the Secretary of Defense of the United States AKA Military life is tough wear a helmet. Your decisions are putting our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and airwomen in immediate danger, we are going to need somebody on call 24/7and full damn transparency.

I like Austin though think he is both competent and capable, but this was poor judgment. For perspective, Lloyd Austin’s Net Worth is Estimated To Be $7 Million. Respectfully, Im thinking Lloyd ought to be just fine regardless. Im more concerned by the wounded warriors who come home broken and battered and are making do, with net worths in the tens of thousands or worse 
Especially since our armed forces leaders have been less than forthcoming on a couple of topics lately.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(01-10-2024, 02:12 PM)putnam6 Wrote:  For perspective, Lloyd Austin’s Net Worth is Estimated To Be $7 Million. Respectfully, Im thinking Lloyd ought to be just fine regardless. Im more concerned by the wounded warriors who come home broken and battered and are making do, with net worths in the tens of thousands or worse 

I'm not sure how this is related to his net worth at all. That seems like a different topic altogether.  I see it as him disrespecting Biden. I'd not be surprised to see him retire very soon. There must be a rift between Austin and Biden for this to happen. Perhaps unhappiness about how Afghanistan went down.

Graduating from West Point in 1975 was no easy feat for an African American. I have no doubt he came by his wealth the right way. He even went on to get an MBA. His personal resume is jaw-dropping. He could have easily moved on to become a CEO, pulling down more than his current net worth a year had he chosen to. I think Austin is an authentic Statesman.

It would be interesting to know the true story about why he chose to not inform the White House.
(01-11-2024, 02:27 PM)Blaine91555 Wrote: I'm not sure how this is related to his net worth at all. That seems like a different topic altogether.  I see it as him disrespecting Biden. I'd not be surprised to see him retire very soon. There must be a rift between Austin and Biden for this to happen. Perhaps unhappiness about how Afghanistan went down.

Graduating from West Point in 1975 was no easy feat for an African American. I have no doubt he came by his wealth the right way. He even went on to get an MBA. His personal resume is draw-dropping. He could have easily moved on to become a CEO, pulling down more than his current net worth a year had he chosen to. I think Austin is an authentic Statesman.

It would be interesting to know the true story about why he chose to not inform the White House.
Your quote below alluded to perhaps he didn't want to get fired

"Being of a similar age, I know that his keeping it secret may in large part be due to wanting privacy. I can easily understand that but keeping it from his boss was a step too far.

Perhaps at his age, he's afraid of being thrown under the bus and being pushed to retire"

I like Lloyd Austin a lot too, One of Biden's few cabinet members I respect

He is worth 7 million dollars, and your reasoning sounded like a "woe is me story". You want privacy don't accept a position as part of the President's cabinet. 

This is about his decision to not tell the President  You can argue that if you want its not a breach of protocol but if we accept it is a breach of protocol it brings his decision-making abilities into question. No matter if he didn't want to discuss his prostate issues like the other tens of millions of American men have to do every day, as well as worry about retirement, life is tough wear a helmet.

Ask the special forces he will send to retake the hijacked tanker if they care about his prostate. Or the 1000 soldiers under constant drone and rocket attacks in Syria or Iraq. Respectfully Im infinitely more concerned with thier health and well-being thier lives are on the line for a helluva lot less than 7 million dollars. The least he can do is follow protocol, his soldiers do. When they don't they called out on the carpet for it, and so should he. 

They LIKELY want somebody to make the clear and correct decision AT MOMENTS NOTICE, you know while we are on the brink of war.

It was unprofessional and Jack Kirby has already admitted it was a breach of protocol

With apologies but auditing was a main concern sending so much aid, arms, and munitions to Ukraine, and yet here we are. 

This semi-falls under the purveyance of the SoD, does it not. Did he miss this because he was worried about his prostate? 

https://x.com/spectatorindex/status/1745...44240?s=20
Quote: 
The Spectator Index

@spectatorindex
Subscribe
BREAKING: The New York Times reports that 'more than $1 billion worth of shoulder-fired missiles, kamikaze drones and night-vision devices that the United States has sent to Ukraine have not been properly tracked', according to a new Pentagon report, with concerns 'they could be stolen or smuggled'.
11:29 AM · Jan 11, 2024
·
Views
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart