deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will the future say... and will they even know?
This little piece of outrage is brought to us by those folks in white coats.

Apparently, there is a disease, called zoonotic visceral leishmaniasis (ZVL), carried by sand flies that can infect dogs and humans.

Of course the story broke back in 2019 that the research was viscerally cruel to animals (in this case beagles,) and the reporting continually referenced Dr. Fauci (as a leader at the NIH who had the executive authority who authorized research funding.)

Reportedly this (exposure) led to a series of lightning quick decisions back at the NIH... which led to the scrubbing the research in their database, seemingly rendering all reporting to the state of "speculative garbage."  Everyone in the chain of responsibility scrambled for cover, and eventually someone reported an "error" in reporting that rendered the story into the folks at NIH declaring "We didn't fund that" further painting a tale of it being entirely conducted by a private research concern, and it was being confused with a research funding having to do with research concurrently funded in Tunisia.

But further dogged (pun intended) investigation proved that the Tunisia research as identical to the now "fictional" research described.

From ZeroHedge: NIH Scrambled After ZeroHedge Report On Fauci Beagle Experiments, Scrubbed Database, Then Fed WaPo Disinformation

This opened up a can of worms which includes a response from White Coat Waste, and triggered the Washington Post's Glenn Kessler to do a deep dive into 'Beaglegage' in an effort to debunk Greene.

When we first saw Greene hold up the photo, we figured this would be easy to debunk — another in a string of misleading attacks against Fauci, who became the public face of the government’s response to the pandemic. -Washington Post

Only to discover that the NIH appears to have lied about funding the experiment, which involved beagles between 6 and 8 months old obtained from the kennels of the Pasteur Institute of Tunis. In the study, the beagles were sedated and then exposed to hundreds of sand flies that had been deprived of food for 24 hours. This exposure took place as part of research into zoonotic visceral leishmaniasis (ZVL), a disease carried by sand flies that can affect dogs and humans.

After ZeroHedge amplified the White Coat Waste report (archived), there was a full blown panic.

In late October 2021, CNN asked Fauci to appear for an interview, and one of his staff members suggested late on Oct. 24 that Fauci pause any TV interviews “until we get a handle on this.” Early the next morning, Fauci emailed 12 officials and asked them to “tell me what grant or contract they are referring to.” Within two hours, one replied that they might have identified the grant. (Most staff members’ names are redacted.)

“Let us find out for sure if it is that grant, and then let us take a look at what the experimental design is, and importantly whether it has received the appropriate ethical and animal care consideration,” Fauci replied in an email. “I want this done right away since we are getting bombarded by protests.”

Within two hours, one of the researchers involved, Abhay Satoskar, a professor of pathology and microbiology at Ohio State University, emailed to say that NIAID had been mistakenly cited as a funder of the study and that he would seek a correction from the journal. One NIAID official wrote in an email that Satoskar “stated that it was mistakenly cited because he was not clear of the true purpose of US funding acknowledgment” and that the program in question had been funded only by the Pasteur Institute...

It's not surprising to me that Dr. Fauci seems not to recall the research.  His office is "funding central" and the sheer volume of the proposals must be hard to keep straight.

But what is surprising is the idea that within the NIH there appears to be a culture of "cover-it-up" and "make-it-disappear."  The records are meant to be our accounting of what is happening and who is doing it at all times... but somewhere in there someone can "erase all entries" from the official database and then claim "it never happened."

If history is left to their hands can we ever be certain that we are not being victimized by those people who think the pinnacle of public service is "getting away with it."

Our very knowledge, and understanding of science history is at risk with these people.  There's a lot wrong with this picture.

This isn't about politics, or ideology... this is more fundamental...
My mother's dog died of leishmaniasis 20 years ago in Spain after being bitten by a sand fly.  It is very common there and is known as Canine AIDS.  I would say Canine Ebola as her dog started bleeding from the eyes and every orifice.  She was very ill and had  to be put down on the advice of the vet. The vet told us ex-pats living there don't know about it and just have a regular flea collar. There is a special collar for leishmaniasis. When the vet told my mother she immediately bought one of these collars for her other dog

I hope the dogs were kept sedated once symptoms became evident. I wasn't aware that humans can catch it. I am puzzled as to why this would warrant a cover-up?
.. an upbeat cynic

My Avatar: AI-generated "Peter Cushing in the style of Johannes Vermeer"
This disease process can be extremely dangerous and even fatal to humans and of course dogs. It doesn’t even surprise me anymore that “Scientific Researchers “ are continuously trying to cover their assets, and deny everything. If we could follow the money we could have a pretty good idea of who is responsible and perhaps what their intentions are.

I feel that some of the research is being done very much “Mengele-style”, away from prying eyes. And, perhaps it is in fact research that needs to be done, but not necessarily by the methods that are being used….

Every time I see NIH in the media or in a thread here I get a little chill.

My 2 pesos.

Tecate
If it’s hot, wet and sticky and it’s not yours, don’t touch it!
You forgot the parts about cutting out their vocal cords (so the scientists wouldn’t have to hear them cry while they were torturing them), and infesting them with ticks.
Quote:WASHINGTON – A new, exorbitant $1.8 million federal contract for dog experiments under Dr. Anthony Fauci is raising serious concerns and questions from U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) who noted that past federally-funded experiments on dogs under Dr. Fauci included cutting their vocal cords out, infesting the dogs with ticks, and placing dogs in cages with infectious sandflies.

https://www.ernst.senate.gov/news/press-...from-ernst