deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Howdy!
Shiny new user here, an unknown enigma to everyone already here.
I'm burdman... a mild mannered liberal progressive gentleman who believes in the value of gentle, loving words absent profanities, controversy, and above all thing issued with earnest respect for anyone conversing with me.
Kindness is the only way Biggrin 

Pleasure to have you on board!
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
(12-22-2023, 08:38 PM)burdman30ott6 Wrote: Shiny new user here, an unknown enigma to everyone already here.
I'm burdman... a mild mannered liberal progressive gentleman who believes in the value of gentle, loving words absent profanities, controversy, and above all thing issued with earnest respect for anyone conversing with me.

ummmmm....what have you done with the burd I know and love so well Shocked

Seriously, dude.  I've missed seeing your smiling face and sweet disposition.
Good to have you around again.  It's been too long.
Cool
(12-22-2023, 08:38 PM)burdman30ott6 Wrote: Shiny new user here, an unknown enigma to everyone already here.

Oh, there goes the Internet!!!

(Good to see you over here!)

(AI system triggers security system)

To get past the welcome screen, you must display or demonstrate past or present acts of kindness.  Ats2499_monkey Ats2490_clowndance

It's nice to have you onboard for the summer Xmas - New Year's break/downtime.
(12-22-2023, 11:26 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: ummmmm....what have you done with the burd I know and love so well Shocked

Seriously, dude.  I've missed seeing your smiling face and sweet disposition.
Good to have you around again.  It's been too long.
Cool

I have missed being around the crew. :) Good that we have a new place to hang around in.

(12-23-2023, 02:21 AM)Byrd Wrote: Oh, there goes the Internet!!!

(Good to see you over here!)

Hi Byrd! It's been awhile. Hope everything is copacetic in Texas.

(12-23-2023, 04:11 AM)xpert11 Wrote: (AI system triggers security system)

To get past the welcome screen, you must display or demonstrate past or present acts of kindness.  Ats2499_monkey Ats2490_clowndance

It's nice to have you onboard for the summer Xmas - New Year's break/downtime.
Enjoy your summer... We've already had nearly 80 inches of snow fall since early November. I'm ready for a toasty hot Alaskan summer day again... all 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit worth of it. I don't mind the cold at all, but kinda done with snow for the year.

Burd!!  Good Lord, I couldn't have wished more for anyone  to join our ranks.   Good to see you man.   I've been very envious of your temperatures, although I must confess that I think I've grown too accustomed to our median temps to want to live in yours.   Still, I dream about snow and coolth and the quiet stillness of cold temperatures.   Maybe, someday.  

All the best to you and yours my dear friend.
(12-24-2023, 07:44 PM)argentus Wrote: Burd!!  Good Lord, I couldn't have wished more for anyone  to join our ranks.   Good to see you man.   I've been very envious of your temperatures, although I must confess that I think I've grown too accustomed to our median temps to want to live in yours.   Still, I dream about snow and coolth and the quiet stillness of cold temperatures.   Maybe, someday.  

All the best to you and yours my dear friend.

I have really missed visiting with you the past half year. When I get a bit of free time (something I am hoping to have a bit of this upcoming week which I have off work) we will need to bring each other up to speed on life. I used to dream of snow... not much these days. We had a decent half foot of new snow last night and I was driving in it, unplowed, "hope that's a rut and not a curb line" type driving... never good to be tires of snow before Christmas even hits. ?
Yes, we will soon need to catch up.   It is chilly here today, thanks to a Nor'Easter -- 74 degrees.  Rolleyes We might soon hope to get into the 60's *gasp*.   

I am making Christmas Beef -- fresh beef, marinated in Scotch Bonnets, thyme, ginger, garlic and avocado oil.   Slow cooked to succulent tenderness with onions, scallions, seasoning peppers, pepper, Redmond sea salt, beef stock, and served with rice n' peas, local sweet potato, water spinach, drippings gravy, and Mac n' cheese.   Oh, glory.   I think I'm gaining weight just by the smell.
(12-25-2023, 11:25 AM)argentus Wrote: Yes, we will soon need to catch up.   It is chilly here today, thanks to a Nor'Easter -- 74 degrees.  Rolleyes We might soon hope to get into the 60's *gasp*.   

I am making Christmas Beef -- fresh beef, marinated in Scotch Bonnets, thyme, ginger, garlic and avocado oil.   Slow cooked to succulent tenderness with onions, scallions, seasoning peppers, pepper, Redmond sea salt, beef stock, and served with rice n' peas, local sweet potato, water spinach, drippings gravy, and Mac n' cheese.   Oh, glory.   I think I'm gaining weight just by the smell.

That sounds damn good. I was not able to dedicate my usual time to hunting this year, so I roasted a leg of lamb instead of game. Turned out extremely well and tomorrow night we will have gyros with the left overs. Also my wife and I decided to try something different and we made pistachio cardamom cake with almond flavored cream cheese frosting together for our desert. Definitely a cake we will make again. This will be our last Christmas in this house, plus my kids are damn near adults now, so we wanted it to be memorable. Next Christmas will be the same, ha ha, just christening a new house and still feeling like my kids are babies despite them being 17 and 18 by next December.