deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Haiku for life
Shiver wintertime
A tender, sharp-edged light shines
Bruising the whisky

I hope this thread becomes a place where we can all contibute our haikuish eclectica.  

Yes, those are words.   Shocked
(01-03-2024, 07:09 PM)argentus Wrote: Shiver wintertime
A tender, sharp-edged light shines
Bruising the whisky

I hope this thread becomes a place where we can all contibute our haikuish eclectica.  

Yes, those are words.   Shocked

I like this! I'm not good at haiku but do enjoy reading it. I, too hope more will contribute.
I'm not a Domestic Engineer; I'm still feral.
(01-03-2024, 09:27 PM)Nugget Wrote: I like this! I'm not good at haiku but do enjoy reading it. I, too hope more will contribute.

You're not good at haiku (in your opinion)  ...  YET.  

Compared to a talented writer like Spirimilibilis, I am a complete piker, however I enjoy the challenge of writing haiku.   Three lines.  First line, five syllables.  Second line, seven syllables.  Third, line, five syllables.  

Some see the format as limiting.  I find that it causes a person to think in a different dimension, in ways that you would not have otherwise done.   I find that haiku expression inspires eclectic creativity.
Thanks for the explaination, Argentus; I love word puzzles so may have to give it a go!
Something new is born
Out of the ashes rises
Deny Ignorance
(01-04-2024, 03:33 PM)Blaine91555 Wrote: Something new is born
Out of the ashes rises
Deny Ignorance
By jove; I think I'm starting to get it!
(01-04-2024, 03:53 PM)Nugget Wrote: By jove; I think I'm starting to get it!

It's a good thing to get.   I started a journal several years ago, that was composed in Haiku.   It really changes a person.  There isn't -- as far as I've noticed -- a great international acceptance/appreciation of the Haiku metric.   Still, that doesn't mean that it can't eventually become something wonderful and important, and even a means of communicating great ideas.
There once was a man from Nantucket 

wait wrong genre

Haikus questioning
wars civil unrest abound 
a needed balance
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(01-04-2024, 02:21 PM)argentus Wrote: LOL Argentus. LOL

You're not - but I like the word piker. And I abuse the rules of haiku like crazy.  I am lawless. But it's a very fun thing to do - I hope this thread catches on. Back when the caffeine wears off and I can settle down enough to abuse haiku some more

Also - it's going to take me some time to learn how to reply/write in this new realm. Which  - obviously clueless is obvious
(01-04-2024, 02:21 PM)argentus Wrote: You're not good at haiku (in your opinion)  ...  YET.  

Compared to a talented writer like Spirimilibilis, I am a complete piker, however I enjoy the challenge of writing haiku.   Three lines.  First line, five syllables.  Second line, seven syllables.  Third, line, five syllables.  

Some see the format as limiting.  I find that it causes a person to think in a different dimension, in ways that you would not have otherwise done.   I find that haiku expression inspires eclectic creativity.
I love all the funny monkeys
What would the world be without all the funny monkeys?   

Ever see the movie 1984?  Yeah.  That's where.   ;o)