deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fun 'Everything Is Racist' Game.
Seems literally everything is labelled racist these days lol (even smiling).

[Image: cf65243676.jpg]

No seriously pick a subject and play this fun game - type any subject into Google and try to find anything that has not been labelled 'racist'?

Quote:Fun Game to Play

I tried “owning a home,” “working,” “studying,” and “adopting pets.” Yep, all racist.

[Image: su65243a1e.jpg]

I tried jogging (yes).

Owning a parrot (yes).

Drinking coffee (yes).

Drinking beer (yes).

Owning a motorbike (yes).

Liking classical music (yes).

Smoking tobacco (yes).

Would be interested in people's results (the more ludicrous the better).

On a serious note, racism is a serious subject and whoever's perpetrating this nonsense is bringing the subject into serious disrepute (making a laughing stock of it in fact).

Beer
Thank you algorithmic reasoning!

More people would realize the "nature of the devils' game" if they understood (or were ever taught) rhetoric and rhetorical form.  But NOooo... we need to teach third graders how important adult fee-fees are.
I started playing this "game".    I had even compiled a few exploratory questions and supportive links. 

Six of them. 

But then I started to really look into the links without the presupposition that my questions were actually racist. 

My first question:   "Is walking racist?"   Well sure enough, there was a story about walking that talked about racism.  Okay, next.   "Is cooking racist?"   Same thing.   Several stories about cooking and how racisms can rear it's ugly head.  

Therefore, I am not going to post my thesis I had compiled, because I don't like the game, because it tries to couch the cards in a way that leads to a foregone conclusion.   

So here is what I did, for parity.   I used the same questions, but changed to "Is walking white supremist?"  "Is cooking white supremist".   

And gee, golly, wow, guess what happened???  I got the same abberations, that is, stories that seemed to play into or support MY STATED CONFIRMATION BIAS.  

So, the scientist in me is placated, because I've 
1.  created a hypothesis
2.  created an experiment to test it
3.  tested the hypothesis
4.  formed a conclusion based upon the data

This has been a really interesting experiment for me.   I now think that it is akin to pareidolia, where we perceive patterns based upon our own perceptions or paradigms.  

Great experiment, thank you!
I typed in "Is giving birth racist" and it didn't lead anywhere except racism in pregnancy care.

Did I win the game?

I also searched for is the game twister racist Biggrin

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
(07-04-2024, 12:15 PM)Karl12 Wrote: Seems literally everything is labelled racist these days lol (even smiling).

No seriously pick a subject and play this fun game - type any subject into Google and try to find anything that has not been labelled 'racist'?

I tried jogging (yes).

Owning a parrot (yes).

Drinking coffee (yes).

Drinking beer (yes).

Owning a motorbike (yes).

Liking classical music (yes).

Smoking tobacco (yes).

Would be interested in people's results (the more ludicrous the better).

On a serious note, racism is a serious subject and whoever's perpetrating this nonsense is bringing the subject into serious disrepute (making a laughing stock of it in fact).

Beer

If this wasn't so frighteningly disgusting and angering, it would be hilarious!

This is the society we live in today.  Everyone hates everyone else for anything they say or do.  And people wonder why I say mankind will figure out a way to exterminate itself within the next century.  There is not other logical conclusion.  People hate each other simply because the other person exists at all.  Wow!

Google can be pointed to as being evil (and they do have an evil side to them), but Google is exactly zero without content from others.  They can use their algorithms to prioritize one set of data over another but people have to create that hate first in order for Google to prioritize it.

Unbelievable.