deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chopsticks on his mind.
Quote:He couldn’t get chopsticks out of his head — and we’re not talking about the piano tune.

A man in Vietnam who had experienced severe headaches for five months was flabbergasted after discovering that he had a pair of chopsticks lodged in his skull.

How in the hell do you walk around with chopsticks shoved up your nose into your brain for five months and not know they were there? Ats2486_banghead Ats2486_banghead Ats2486_banghead

[Image: AA1kFmdH.img?w=731&h=405&m=6]

What caught my eye also was the hospital this unfortunate gentleman was in.

The Vietnam-Cuba Friendship Hospital
Quote:The Vietnam-Cuba Friendship Dong Hoi Hospital in central Quang Binh province, a facility that Cuban leader Fidel Castro committed to help Vietnam during his historical trip to the liberated area in South Vietnam 45 years ago, is regarded as a ‘gem’ of the friendship between the two countries.

I knew there was a relationship with China, but did not know that Castro had targeted Vietnam. Cuba can't even provide quality modern healthcare for Cuban people so it makes me wonder if Cuba's involvement with healthcare in Vietnam is a blessing or a curse. I suppose some healthcare is better than no healthcare. I'd think Vietnam would be far better off having a relationship with the West. Even China adopted Western medicine.

Anyway, I thought this was an interesting news tidbit. I suppose the moral of this story is to not use chopsticks to pick your nose and get a second opinion when using a Cuban hospital in Vietnam.

Quote:However, when he reported to the hospital following the incident, doctors didn’t find any chopsticks or any abnormalities with his nose.

Yep, the reason he had them in his nose for five months is the hospital originally missed the sticks jammed into his brain.