Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Caves supposedly dug by giant sloths 10,000 years ago in Brazil.
Wasn't sure where to put this cryptozoology seemed the best fit

Caves supposedly dug by giant sloths 10,000 years ago in Brazil...

I suppose 10,000 years ago giant sloths were much more active, not saying sloths did some of the digging bu that looks finished off by somebody or something else

[Image: jjkpqnma3a6c1.jpg]

[Image: tvnynxeb3a6c1.jpg]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
That's just wrong.
Makes me wonder if humans lived alongside them, or had somewhat tried to domesticate them.
It is speculated that the sloths in this rock art are of the giant variety - https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/1....2020.0496
This could lend credence to your theory that someone else finished the tunnels off.
Cool
Sooo many UFO’s in this region.  

…and apparently black ops with high tech posing as ufos now - see my Peru ufo thread.
Given the time frame, could we also be seeing other factors in play? Such as water erosion or even humans finding the caves and co-opting them for their use? Heck, I'd even ponder it's because the tunnel the sloth dug was worn down because they dont excavate tunnels to be any larger than they need to fit. The sloths body wearing it down smooth from squeezing through the tunnel.
I could be wrong and dammit my fading memory, but we had a giant sloth display at our Science center. IIRC they grew rather large like 7-10 feet tall.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....

I love sloths!

Putnam6 is right the giant ones were huge. They have some life size statues of them at the La Brea Tar Pits and they are huge with long crazy sharp claws. I have no doubt they could dig those caves.

[Image: Ywp0jbhl.jpeg]
(04-25-2024, 12:46 AM)Velvet Elvis Wrote:
I love sloths!

Putnam6 is right the giant ones were huge. They have some life size statues of them at the La Brea Tar Pits and they are huge with long crazy sharp claws. I have no doubt they could dig those caves.

[Image: https://i.imgur.com/Ywp0jbhl.jpeg]

Yes Id say they have all the tools, but my main thought is a tunneling/building is usually associated with highly active animals aka busy as a beaver. This is a trait modern sloths are not known for.

Without sloths there would be no avocadosThe extinct giant ground sloths were some of the only mammals that had digestive systems large enough to process the huge avocado seeds whole. They feasted on the fruit and then dispersed the seeds far and wide. All tree sloths that we see today evolved from giant ground sloths. There were thought to be over 80 different types with the largest (Megatherium) reaching over six meters in height. There is even evidence to suggest that several different species of marine sloth existed, feeding from sea grass and seaweed in shallow water.

https://slothconservation.org/10-incredi...the-sloth/
giant earthworms woud be my guess, burrowing through clay which eventually dried out.

What evidence do they have that they were sloths?
(04-25-2024, 05:36 PM)rickymouse Wrote: giant earthworms woud be my guess, burrowing through clay which eventually dried out.

What evidence do they have that they were sloths?

Big Worms that breed "Assblasters" perhaps.

Have they checked for seizmic Tremors recently?

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.