deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Content Humanizer
(06-24-2024, 05:24 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Something I didn't see discussed in this thread (so far), but maybe I missed it, is the impetus (or one of the main ones) behind 'content humanizers'.  One of the major driving forces behind this text AI and text to speech AI is videos, all sorts of videos.  If you go out on YT now you can find literally thousands of AI videos.  Heck, I don't think you can even look at a single page on YT where at least one if not more videos are AI.  Some of the titles are attractive and interesting, but when you watch the video even though it sounds and looks good, the theme jumps all over the place, and many of them make no sense at all.  The title will be one thing, and after a few seconds the subject of the video strays off into something completely unrelated.

There's so much money in videos that people are now using automation just to get clicks.  They figure if they can dupe someone into clicking on even 1% of their videos that this will be a "win"...because they produce hundreds if not thousands of them every single day.  And, if you look closely, you can see many videos actually scraping content together from other videos.  Now, stealing other people's content on YT is nothing new, but what's new here is this content scraping is being done with automation, completely autonomously (by AI).

I went down a rabbit hole recently while looking into ways to do text to speech in a video without having to record the actual audio.  I quickly discovered there are thousands of companies out there now doing exactly this.  What's even more interesting is, the latest trend is, you guessed it, "more humanistic" sounding text to speech.

When you stack AI like Chat GPT, on top of video creation AI, on top of text to speech AI, you basically don't have to do anything except for type in a brief subject and:
  • Chat GPT does the research
  • The video AI generates the video content
  • Chat GPT develops the script
  • And text to speech AI humanizes all the audio.
BOOM...DONE!  Even more concerning, most of this stuff is all open source.

Okay, so what's the big deal, it's just some stupid YT videos, right?  Who cares?  Well, that's just it, nobody notices at first...for exactly these reasons.  BUT, what's happening in the background is all these processes are becoming highly refined, and suddenly telling reality from fantasy is next to impossible.

Just the other day I had to do some of our required Annual Training.  (UGH...dread this every year!)  Historically, these remote training modules were usually poorly done videos with lots of glitches and endless brain-cancelling Powerpoint slide decks.  About halfway through my 2nd one I was marveling at how drastically they had seemingly 'improved' in quality.  Then I suddenly realized...they weren't real!  It was all AI driven content.  I was being programmed by the 'machine', not the other way around!  That's not how it's supposed to work.

Pretty soon, people will have no way to tell what is REAL and what isn't.  Think about it...news, history books, science papers, the internet...your doctor...your BANK STATEMENT...  And what's next???

AI is so monumentally dangerous to the human race, I fear people just do not understand how serious it truly is.  It invades everything, and when you "humanize" it, there is no way to tell what's real and what's not.  So many times people get all caught up in the novelty of some cute little AI gimmick and overlook the down the road implications of this technology.  And unlike humans, you can't kill it.  Once it's there, it's there to stay; there is no "OFF" switch.  AI is autonomous from humans, it teaches itself.  AI doesn't exist in one place, so you can't 'corral' it somehow; it's everywhere (if it's anywhere).  Once it gets turned on, it can't be turned off, and when it goes astray...you can't stop it!  Okay, you can stop it by turning off all computers and disconnecting from all networks, but that is not realistic, and it's never going to happen.  The World would be crippled overnight if any such thing was ever done.  The vast majority of modern society is 100% dependent on computers to survive.  You can't turn it off.

Whoa Shocked  i didn`t realize the technology has allready go that far and such autonomous ( i dont much watch youtube ) .

Yes, i agree the dangers of this all now . Because , humans are storytelling creatures. Storys are what shape much of both people and societys. The original set up was without this all AI technology . Now the next is with AI technology ,which will be part of the " creating storys" process . And i see it as we are by nature too weak or vulnerable allready to this storys/manipulation .....When they add this humanized stuf on to top of
this......i have bad feeling about this.

Remembered again the matrix , where people are not anymore living real World at all.....but computer program generated simulation .

[Video: https://youtu.be/1o6cTUyfX7k?si=7CBjNTlC5hprb2Dc]