Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 New Countries Invited to Join the Brics
Hello, Let's Deny Ignorance.

It appears that 6 more countries have been invited to join the BRICS; BRICS is an acronym which stands for Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.  Now we have more countries which have been invited to join this grouping of nations which seek to challenge Western dominance on the World Stage.  The new nations slated to join are:  Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
Quote:PRESIDENT CYRIL RAMAPHOSA: We have decided to invite the Argentine Republic, the Arab Republic of Egypt, the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
BARTLETT: These six countries can now join the emerging block of nations, BRICS - the acronym for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa - on January 1, next year. Together, the five current members already comprise about 40% of the global population and a quarter of global gross domestic product. But it's hardly a homogenous grouping, and these additions will make it less so.

For those that live in the West I think this is a worrisome development.  The BRICS has already stated that its intent is to challenge Western dominance.  Now, with the gathering of so many oil-rich countries into the BRICS, I think it's just a matter of time until the Dollar is replaced as the Reserve Currency.  Once this happens it could be game over for West as the leading World power.  What do you guys think?  Am I reading too much into this development or not?  I think it would be ignorant to "Ignore" this development as this is a potentially powerful grouping of military and Oil-rich nations.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/25/119585820...ng-nations

The Dollar has lost a lot of value in just 30 yrs.  Priming the pump for a BRICS currency takeover:

[Image: www.in2013dollars.com.ico]https://www.in2013dollars.com › us › inflation › 1990Value of 1990 dollars today | Inflation Calculator
Jan 11, 2024  $100 in 1990 is worth $234.69 today 
The U.S. dollar has lost 57% its value since 1990. 
(02-05-2024, 01:10 AM)lostbook Wrote: Hello, Let's Deny Ignorance.

It appears that 6 more countries have been invited to join the BRICS; BRICS is an acronym which stands for Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.  Now we have more countries which have been invited to join this grouping of nations which seek to challenge Western dominance on the World Stage.  The new nations slated to join are:  Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.

For those that live in the West I think this is a worrisome development.  The BRICS has already stated that its intent is to challenge Western dominance.  Now, with the gathering of so many oil-rich countries into the BRICS, I think it's just a matter of time until the Dollar is replaced as the Reserve Currency.  Once this happens it could be game over for West as the leading World power.  What do you guys think?  Am I reading too much into this development or not?  I think it would be ignorant to "Ignore" this development as this is a potentially powerful grouping of military and Oil-rich nations.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/25/119585820...ng-nations

The Dollar has lost a lot of value in just 30 yrs.  Priming the pump for a BRICS currency takeover:

[Image: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/...rs.com.ico]https://www.in2013dollars.com › us › inflation › 1990Value of 1990 dollars today | Inflation Calculator
Jan 11, 2024  $100 in 1990 is worth $234.69 today 
The U.S. dollar has lost 57% its value since 1990. 

It has looked like the Brics is more like a paper tiger ....not that i really much understand economy in general . But i see this..:

Russia is a sinking nation , China has right now big economic issues , Argentine wont join Brics , India is openly now changing Russian arms to Westerns arms/weapons ...

Argentina announces that it will not join BRICS bloc
All this "Economic Nations" issue would be meaningless if every country just switched to the gold standard for their currency. 

Canning the UN would also be a great idea. This whole "League of Nations" trash was never a good idea.
Oil and gas use is expected to slow starting in 2028 what with the push for electric vehicles, growth of biofuels etc.

Biden's plans for lifting up South America may prove to be big competition for some of those competing countries; Semiconductor manufacturing etc. - Biden is aiming for digital economic growth too.

There's a lot going on between Canada/U.S.A./some S.A. countries.

https://www.state.gov/summit-of-the-americas/
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
(02-05-2024, 10:33 AM)quintessentone Wrote: Oil and gas use is expected to slow starting in 2028 what with the push for electric vehicles, growth of biofuels etc.

Biden's plans for lifting up South America may prove to be big competition for some of those competing countries; Semiconductor manufacturing etc. - Biden is aiming for digital economic growth too.

There's a lot going on between Canada/U.S.A./some S.A. countries.

https://www.state.gov/summit-of-the-americas/

buying EV seems like bad deal , at least recently. They cost a lot and then the manufacturers suddenly drop prices down , which then  drop used EV value down also...people then feel they wont get enough money if they sell ....and feel they lost money.

everyone should wait at least for year 2025,  because then  prices will go down IMO. Chinese ordered a lot RO-RO ship , and they are being build right now,  they will be operational in 2025 and i expext they wil start price war with everyone else .....one RO-RO ship can load huge amount cars .

Link
(02-05-2024, 12:13 PM)Kenzo Wrote: buying EV seems like bad deal , at least recently. They cost a lot and then the manufacturers suddenly drop prices down , which then  drop used EV value down also...people then feel they wont get enough money if they sell ....and feel they lost money.

everyone should wait at least for year 2025,  because then  prices will go down IMO. Chinese ordered a lot RO-RO ship , and they are being build right now,  they will be operational in 2025 and i expext they wil start price war with everyone else .....one RO-RO ship can load huge amount cars .

Link

Plenty of time to strategize against China - we need more buy from your own country incentives. Those EV prices should have been low to begin with - they were suppose to be the answer to existing problems - IMO all cars are money pits.
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
I propose, in my layman's ignorance, that BRICS, as a 'collective' organization, suffers from a devastating flaw.  

Namely, the presence of both China and Russia as members.  In such a state, neither can ever truly achieve their patently obvious and oft-stated goals of supreme dominance.

The initial intention of the charter (stated as mutual cooperation in multinational policy) is checked by its own 'virtue signaling' construct... much the same as the "UN."  It demonstrates how troublesome the doctrine of "subordinated sovereignty" truly is.

The digression of 'virtuous' cause into 'economic powerhouse' destroyed what small potential value BRICS may have had to the international community.  Such as it always will be when bankers control the reality of international affairs.
(02-05-2024, 01:10 AM)lostbook Wrote: The Dollar has lost a lot of value in just 30 yrs.  Priming the pump for a BRICS currency takeover:

What would the name of that currency be, the Bric? Tongue
(02-11-2024, 12:15 PM)ArMaP Wrote: What would the name of that currency be, the Bric? Tongue

Good question, Idk. I don't have that information yet.  We'll have to wait and watch this development as Russia and China don't get along historically.  It will be interesting to see if the Brics is successful due to China and Russia's equal hatred of the US.
(02-12-2024, 01:20 AM)lostbook Wrote: Good question, Idk. I don't have that information yet.  We'll have to wait and watch this development as Russia and China don't get along historically.  It will be interesting to see if the Brics is successful due to China and Russia's equal hatred of the US.

If the Brics are successful I don't think it will be because of China's and Russia's "equal hatred of the US" but because they found the things they have in common that can be better if they work together.