deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Brainwashing" ...
Another very interesting topic Maxmars, you have many and I thank you for posting them to work our brains.

From your article, there seems to be not much of a schism between many neuroscientists and perhaps a few others:
Quote:Many neuroscientists feel that these concerns are overblown; one of them, the University of Maryland cognitive scientist R. Douglas Fields, summed up the naysayers’ position with a column in Quanta magazine arguing that the brain is more plastic than we realize, and that neurotech mind control will never be as simple as throwing a switch. Kathleen Taylor, another neuroscientist who studies brainwashing, takes a more measured view; in her book Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control, she acknowledges that neurotech and drugs could change people’s thought processes but ultimately concludes that “brainwashing is above all a social and political phenomenon.” 

Perhaps not enough research is being put into how social media disinformation and/or feeding audiences the news they want to hear plays a part in brainwashing or rather reinforcing cultish ideas or ideals or fantasies. Couple disinformation with drugs and who knows, does the neuroscientist, Kathleen Taylor, know? I'll have to read her studies, however her book was written in 2004, so a lot has been realized in neuroscience since then, so I'll reserve judgement for now until I learn more. Just scanning her wikipedia page, she hasn't produced much of anything for a very long time now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwashi...ht_Control

Thank goodness we have conspiracy sites where we can challenge any and all ideas that may come off as feeding the sheeple, also we can ask for empirical evidence which always seems to never be offered up.

(04-15-2024, 05:16 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: An old saying I heard, "you dont conquer civilizations with armies, you do it with ideas".

From Maxmars article: the Chinese used methods to change someone's mind through their heart.

What's that old saying: "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar." or something like that.
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory

Messages In This Thread
"Brainwashing" ... - by Maxmars - 04-14-2024, 01:03 PM
RE: "Brainwashing" ... - by BeTheGoddess - 04-15-2024, 05:16 AM
RE: "Brainwashing" ... - by quintessentone - 04-15-2024, 07:56 AM
RE: "Brainwashing" ... - by BeTheGoddess - 04-15-2024, 11:16 AM
RE: "Brainwashing" ... - by quintessentone - 04-15-2024, 11:30 AM
RE: "Brainwashing" ... - by Maxmars - 04-15-2024, 01:01 PM