deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Eugenics Hierarchy
The Eugenics Hierarchy

[Image: R06g0a2.png]

I think maybe Karl posted something that reminds me of this hierarchy I saw a while back. I'm sort of vague on it, but if I remember right it had something to do with Eugenics, and I found it somewhat interesting maybe even to the point of slightly amusing.

So, is this just some classification of Homo sapiens or is/was it some specific plan to create/engineer these specific types for specific kinds of work?

The image is interesting in and of itself.
I’ve never seen a graphic like this one.

I would guess it’s a manner of quantifying who should reproduce - given this is apparently related to Eugenics.

Theoretically, as you see technology increase exponentially you’d need fewer of the people who likely end up at the lower ends of the scale - potentially stopping with skilled manual labor. If you’re bottom end heavy and have too much tech you have a major society problem - kind of like what we’re facing now and will face materially in the next 20-30 years.

I’m curious what comes after Moron.

I say that since they appear to be classifying people by the type of work they are able to perform. They could probably sub-classify. It actually does a reasonably good job of outlining society at 100k ft.

Self Preservation = homeless/drug addiction/government assistance

Simple Menial Work = repetive/could be or will be mechanized.

Simple Manual Work = same as menial but requires a higher degree of physical ability or coordination.

Complex Manual Work = “Skill Jobs”

Work Requiring Reason and Judgement = requires the ability to forecast the compounding impact/probabilities of outcomes/etc. of your reason and judgement on complex and theoretical matters to be successful.

Loose framework but it lines up with the concern above. Maybe someone saw the tech coming and the shift in society over time - that would be some serious foresight.

But then again I’ve never really delved into Eugenics so this all could be off base. Curious though.
Why does this graphic trouble me so?

The most common word in it is "Work"... I wonder if it was intended to relate to the distribution of work?  Or perhaps it was intended to create and foster an 'attitude' for the reader (a very common practice in early indoctrination materials.)

I noticed the illustration were rendered in such a way as to convey each figure in a non-flattering way (weak chinned, etc.)

I wouldn't mind some more context from the source material, but even without it, this means that the "idiot" who serves no functional connection with the development graphic (the stairs) is the least desirable - but most 'free.'  Quick - don't let him reproduce... he's self-sufficient!
The irony is the further right you go on the chart, the less “work” you actually do physically but the impact is much greater. Only way you can scale.
(05-29-2024, 08:42 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Why does this graphic trouble me so?

I don't know, but I thought it was intriguing to say the least. I was involved in something a few years ago and this graphic came up. I'm not even sure if it's the exact same graphic but same ballpark.

Eugenics seems to be connected to this graphic as part of my memory, but I'm not very well versed on this, and would need to investigate a bit to put things in a more robust context.

I did think that the graphic itself though was intrinsically sufficient for starters and just kind of struggled a little to provide enough of a context to put it out there.

There is something about it; I never forgot about it, and whenever I use derogatory comments in jest, such like that displayed, I always think about it.