deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Workers on an oil platform filmed the strange light emanating from the seabed
Workers on an oil platform filmed the strange light emanating from the seabed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/strange/comment...are_button

[Image: possible-uso-mysterious-light-spotted-of...d0ae90a684]

https://www.ovniologia.com.br/2024/05/po...r.html?m=1

Recently, workers on an oil platform in the Campos Basin, located between Rio de Janeiro and Espírito Santo, witnessed a curious phenomenon: a mysterious light emanating from the bottom of the sea. The video that captured this unusual glow quickly went viral on social media, sparking a wave of speculation and theories.

“Look at that light, look there. What is that dude? What light is that?” says the man recording the scene.

In the video, you can hear other people commenting on the situation in the background while the narrator points out that the Sun is setting in the opposite direction from where the mysterious light appears, highlighting that it is located in the middle of nowhere.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
That's pretty disturbing... and fascinating!

I suppose there could be some 'technological' source for that light... but then all the questions start.

And then there is a possibility that this is some form of natural phenomenon .. what that could be I couldn't begin to guess.

I think it was too bright to be biological... no?  Maybe something seismic?

Just wow!  I hope we get follow-up.
I remember seeing something similar a few years ago in Europe.  It turned out to be divers working on or repairing electricity or internet cables.
... an upbeat cynic
Could be air bubbles / gas bubbles coming to surface .

Sinkholes does not happen only in land , sometimes they happen underwater...called blue hole .
Could be a gass upwelling. That would make the surface look white.

Also could be the Sun shining through a hole in the cloud cover.

I was expecting something actually showing underwater lights but this only shows the surface at a long distance and not light from the bottom of the sea. The description of it being on the sea bed is not indicated in any way by this video.
Does anyone know the minimum safe distance of ignorance?
(05-28-2024, 07:48 AM)BeyondKnowledge Wrote: Could be a gass upwelling. That would make the surface look white.

Also could be the Sun shining through a hole in the cloud cover.

I was expecting something actually showing underwater lights but this only shows the surface at a long distance and not light from the bottom of the sea. The description of it being on the sea bed is not indicated in any way by this video.

Yeah title is not mine, just it copied from Reddit...

I'd say gas bubbles are the likely culprit but it would have to be a decent-sized release I couldn't find any similar images showing dive lights.  

[Image: -1x-1.jpg]
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
If it was near an oil platform, perhaps it was underwater welding for some pipelines?

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(05-28-2024, 11:44 AM)Nerb Wrote: If it was near an oil platform, perhaps it was underwater welding for some pipelines?
Yeah I don't know one way or the other,

but if they were welding that far away from the platform wouldn't they be much deeper? that's why I'm thinking of gas bubbles and reflecting sunlight either through a patch of clouds or low on the horizon.
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart