deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Helicopter with Iranian President and Foreign Minister down
(05-19-2024, 06:13 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Strictly-controlled government-driven news is a service to the government first, and only circumstantially to it's people.

I'm sure they want no "panic," and perhaps even more importantly, not to give the governments' adversaries something they can use against them.

The nations of this region are constantly in 'information warfare' mode,  "News" is not a privilege there, it's a doctrinal or ideological tool... its tactical.

(Not that such isn't often true even where people "think" it is a sacred, inviolable privilege.)

I like your post.
Very well said.
I hope the Iranian president left a big ugly red stain on the rocks.

Biggrin
(05-20-2024, 06:36 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: I hope the Iranian president left a big ugly red stain on the rocks.

Biggrin

God exists: he rids us of the mullahs
[Image: GOHVln4WYAIfaMF?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: GOHIi3GXYAEMwh6?format=jpg&name=small]

https://x.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1793039123940303269
Quote:The Babylon Bee
@TheBabylonBee
·
17m
Iranian Government Claims People Dancing In Streets Is Part Of The Mourning Process https://buff.ly/4aupGvN
[Image: GOInlLeWAAAr3Lz?format=jpg&name=small]
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
In regards to the recent accident, it's hard for me to be 'accepting' of the 'celebratory' nature of the many productions by media.  I just hate that the media uses this to "virtue signal" for popularity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ignorant of the many things the deceased had been up to.  I really don't approve of what I've heard of him, barring propaganda, and untruths, it seems he did nothing to redeem himself as a human being, and all the hatred he receives may be as well-deserved as it appears.

But I just never felt sanguine about 'schadenfreude' harshness towards the deceased... I mean, it's over for them, and we have absolutely no way to make him "face the music," so to speak.  Being gleeful about it is oddly uncomfortable for me.  I say "oddly" because I know that from almost any humanitarian perspective, "he had it coming" is not uncommon feeling to have.  For the most part, it seems anyone with any antagonism at all towards the policies of Iran will likely feel as "happy" about this as people were about the idea of Hitler killing himself.  Seems natural.  

Frankly, I prefer that villains live... so we can be there when they do "face the music."

I realize that I might be alone in that sentiment. 

And I don't criticize or moralize about anyone who is 'just giddy' over the event.  It is as much their right to feel that way, as it mine to dare to question that feeling.
(05-21-2024, 05:43 PM)Maxmars Wrote: In regards to the recent accident, it's hard for me to be 'accepting' of the 'celebratory' nature of the many productions by media.  I just hate that the media uses this to "virtue signal" for popularity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ignorant of the many things the deceased had been up to.  I really don't approve of what I've heard of him, barring propaganda, and untruths, it seems he did nothing to redeem himself as a human being, and all the hatred he receives may be as well-deserved as it appears.

But I just never felt sanguine about 'schadenfreude' harshness towards the deceased... I mean, it's over for them, and we have absolutely no way to make him "face the music," so to speak.  Being gleeful about it is oddly uncomfortable for me.  I say "oddly" because I know that from almost any humanitarian perspective, "he had it coming" is not uncommon feeling to have.  For the most part, it seems anyone with any antagonism at all towards the policies of Iran will likely feel as "happy" about this as people were about the idea of Hitler killing himself.  Seems natural.  

Frankly, I prefer that villains live... so we can be there when they do "face the music."

I realize that I might be alone in that sentiment. 

And I don't criticize or moralize about anyone who is 'just giddy' over the event.  It is as much their right to feel that way, as it mine to dare to question that feeling.

A few points

Raisi was completely behind the brutal crackdown on Iranian women's rights to essentially not be forced to wear a hijab.  

He ordered people tortured and killed over clothing, barbaric

Secondly, he was a likely candidate for supreme ruler and seemed to be the Iranian impetus for arming and influencing Hezbollah, Hamas and the Houthis

Lastly, I can't think of a scenario where he would face retribution or any meaningful form of punishment, that doesn't involve war with Iran.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(05-21-2024, 07:51 PM)putnam6 Wrote: A few points

Raisi was completely behind the brutal crackdown on Iranian women's rights to essentially not be forced to wear a hijab.  

He ordered people tortured and killed over clothing, barbaric

Secondly, he was a likely candidate for supreme ruler and seemed to be the Iranian impetus for arming and influencing Hezbollah, Hamas and the Houthis

Lastly, I can't think of a scenario where he would face retribution or any meaningful form of punishment, that doesn't involve war with Iran.

Your points are well received.  In a way it feels like 'he escaped justice.'

You may be right... I can't imagine a scenario for that either (barring capture.)
Iranian President Asks Manager Of Paradise Where All The Virgins Are
And If It'd Be Possible To Turn The Heat Down A Tad

WORLD·May 20, 2024 · BabylonBee.com

https://babylonbee.com/news/iranian-pres...down-a-tad
Quote: 
Following the death of Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi in a helicopter crash over the weekend, the deceased leader questioned the furnishings of Paradise and wondered why it was so crazy hot up there. 

"I was expecting more virgins…72 of them to be exact," Raisi commented. "And why is Jannah so hot? And who is that scary-looking man with the pointy ears and pitchfork laughing at me? This is supposed to be a garden of pleasure. Who should I talk to about all this?"

As a devout Muslim and committer of only pure and righteous deeds, a now deceased Raisi told reporters he was confused about why Paradise was on fire, something he'd never read about in the Quran.
[Image: 664b9ad95dbc9664b9ad95dbca.jpg]
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
The Iranian military issued a report today that the weather reports need further review, but there was no sign of any kind of outside interference, including an EW attack, no sign of sabotage, it was not overloaded, and there was no disruption in communications until about 70 seconds before impact with the mountain.