deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Cycling, any of you folks into cycling
Hello folks.
Any of you into cycling. I'm basically a fulltime cyclist that's been cycling Japan. I have a blog if you like to follow me. Just PM me.  I just did a 43 day camping/cycling tour of Ishigaki, Okinawa.
Not sure how to post pictures on the forum yet. 
OK, happy and safe cycling everyone.
Welcome to DI, MiM!
I don't bike at all, but I sure appreciate those that can.
I look forward to hearing about your touring adventures.
(11-18-2023, 06:57 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Welcome to DI, MiM!
I don't bike at all, but I sure appreciate those that can.
I look forward to hearing about your touring adventures.

Thank you. 
I guess we can't post pictures that are on our computer.
(11-18-2023, 06:31 PM)music is magic Wrote: Hello folks.
Any of you into cycling. I'm basically a fulltime cyclist that's been cycling Japan. I have a blog if you like to follow me. Just PM me.  I just did a 43 day camping/cycling tour of Ishigaki, Okinawa.

My Bride and me are 65.   We used to cycle, and hope to again, right after her hip surgery (second hip replacement).   We have a tandem trike, a Worksman's trike.  Heavy duty.   Like us, not built for speed, but built for hauling.   Lol  Trike seats the second rider directly behind the front one, and has a back carrier that I once hauled three five-gallon fuel tanks.   This was right after a hurricane, and I'd ride the trike down to the petrol station and fill the plastic tanks.  the trike is rated for whopping 800 lbs./362 kilos.   Trike has rear disc brakes and front standard.   Three-speed.    

I'm thinking of adding a bimini.   Rolleyes Lol  

I'm curious about how you haul your gear and what it is.    It must be so glorious to be cycling across Japan and to be mostly self-contained.    I envy you, but I also know that my time for that kind of thing has passed.   45 years ago, I raced in bike races in San Francisco, riding an old heavy duty ten-speed Schwinn.   Even then, I was heavy work, and while not a contender for the win, I always kept up with the front pack.   I always enjoyed how the lightweight bike riders would cut me a super wide berth on the corners.   Just a private joke.   "It that som'bitch goes down, he's taking a lot of us with him."  

I would like to follow your blog.  We can enjoy your travels vicariously.   Please tell me how.   

P.S.   nice to meet you music is magic.   I like your name.   Cheers

Lol when I lived In LA I biked a lot! One night in Venice beach at the bar I parked my bike and locked it up. I came out to ride my bike home and some joker cut off the chain. I ended up ghost riding stoping and starting lol. 

Japan for biking is amazing for you! Good job!

Keep the updates coming. (I'm still trying to figure out how to resize photos too)

I understand Thailand is next on you bike trips. Hope someday I get to tour the Japanese countryside.

Good to to see you posting, happy cycling.

BigBurgh.
(11-19-2023, 02:44 PM)argentus Wrote:

My Bride and me are 65.   We used to cycle, and hope to again, right after her hip surgery (second hip replacement).   We have a tandem trike, a Worksman's trike.  Heavy duty.   Like us, not built for speed, but built for hauling.   Lol  Trike seats the second rider directly behind the front one, and has a back carrier that I once hauled three five-gallon fuel tanks.   This was right after a hurricane, and I'd ride the trike down to the petrol station and fill the plastic tanks.  the trike is rated for whopping 800 lbs./362 kilos.   Trike has rear disc brakes and front standard.   Three-speed.    

I'm thinking of adding a bimini.   Rolleyes Lol  

I'm curious about how you haul your gear and what it is.    It must be so glorious to be cycling across Japan and to be mostly self-contained.    I envy you, but I also know that my time for that kind of thing has passed.   45 years ago, I raced in bike races in San Francisco, riding an old heavy duty ten-speed Schwinn.   Even then, I was heavy work, and while not a contender for the win, I always kept up with the front pack.   I always enjoyed how the lightweight bike riders would cut me a super wide berth on the corners.   Just a private joke.   "It that som'bitch goes down, he's taking a lot of us with him."  

I would like to follow your blog.  We can enjoy your travels vicariously.   Please tell me how.   

P.S.   nice to meet you music is magic.   I like your name.   Cheers

Thank you kindly for your reply. Yes I'm a full-time cyclist here in Japan. I say that because either I walk or ride the bicycle I used to have three motorcycles and 250cc scooters. But now I'm down to bicycle and I've been touring Japan I have to say extensively I guess for the last 4 years maybe this my fifth year and I've done this year I really pushed it I don't know how many kilometers or how many miles but one tour was 1,000 km and I have this all on my blog and I'll PM you with the the blog in the form of that I'm on.
It's too bad we can't post pictures here at least not yet anyway and I don't have a YouTube channel I really would like to have a YouTube channel and kind of like make money because my blog really is very simple blog and been told on this person who writes his blog is pretty humble so that kind of really made me happy because my vocabulary and storytelling writing in his really very basic.
I'm 70 years old and it's I can really recycle well I've done it already almost 18 hours of cycling I almost non-stop other than brakes for water and and food breaks at your convenience stores.okay I'll send you a private message and I'll try to find out how to add you as a buddy also I don't know how that works again thank you very much.

(11-19-2023, 03:13 PM)Quantum12 Wrote:

Lol when I lived In LA I biked a lot! One night in Venice beach at the bar I parked my bike and locked it up. I came out to ride my bike home and some joker cut off the chain. I ended up ghost riding stoping and starting lol. 

Japan for biking is amazing for you! Good job!
Man that's terrible.
I've only had one bike stolen from me and it was a bike that I actually put together.
Over here the people they abandon their bikes at the train stations and the train stations piled up all the bikes in one big pile so and this was years ago they don't do it anymore but you can go into the big pile and dig out whatever you wanted to so that was the only bike that's been stolen right now I have a giant r3 escape bike and it's some shooting it's shooting me quite well actually I think it's 5 years old now and I put a lot of money into it no joke I put more money into it than what I paid for it.

(11-19-2023, 06:37 PM)BigBurgh Wrote:

Keep the updates coming. (I'm still trying to figure out how to resize photos too)

I understand Thailand is next on you bike trips. Hope someday I get to tour the Japanese countryside.

Good to to see you posting, happy cycling.

BigBurgh.
Hey big burgh.
Well if I can save enough money Thailand is on my bucket of list or list of buckets whatever but yeah I'm actually trying to learn the Thai language now not really really going at a real full speed I just want to just like take one phrase or one word per day so and so far I'm keeping up with that promise I made to myself.
I hope the team up with some cyclists if my dream comes true they're in Thailand but first for next year I have plans to cycle up to Hokkaido.
And then the timing is really perfect because I understand from October to January cycling in Thailand is really the prime season I think it gets away from the season when everyone in Asia is burning their crops and it's really really bad the small from the burn burning all the fields.
Yeah hopefully I can do a lot of posting here but it would be nice if we can post pictures and I guess you're following my blog right on Tokyo cycling club.