deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
China Unveils World's Fastest Internet Backbone Network at 1.2 Terabits per Second
This is not my normal type of article to post.  But when I cam across this info, I had to share it.  I am assuming this is not some propaganda put out by the CCP.  But you be the judge.
Quote:In a groundbreaking technological leap, China has revealed the world's fastest internet speed service, reaching a remarkable 1.2 terabits per second. Unveiled at Tsinghua University, this achievement is part of China's Future Internet Technology Infrastructure (FITI) project, showcasing a collaboration between the university, China Mobile, Huawei Technologies, and CERNET.com Corporation.
The "backbone network," operational since July, covers a 3,000-kilometer fiber-optic network connecting Beijing, Wuhan, and Guangzhou. Contrary to expert predictions, this ultra-high-speed network defies expectations, providing speeds faster than the world's existing internet backbone networks at 100 gigabits and surpassing the United States fifth-generation Internet2 with a minimum speed of 400 gigabits per second
[/color]
China Unveils World's Fastest Internet Backbone Network
(11-18-2023, 11:49 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: This is not my normal type of article to post.  But when I cam across this info, I had to share it.  I am assuming this is not some propaganda put out by the CCP.  But you be the judge.
Quote:In a groundbreaking technological leap, China has revealed the world's fastest internet speed service, reaching a remarkable 1.2 terabits per second. Unveiled at Tsinghua University, this achievement is part of China's Future Internet Technology Infrastructure (FITI) project, showcasing a collaboration between the university, China Mobile, Huawei Technologies, and CERNET.com Corporation.
The "backbone network," operational since July, covers a 3,000-kilometer fiber-optic network connecting Beijing, Wuhan, and Guangzhou. Contrary to expert predictions, this ultra-high-speed network defies expectations, providing speeds faster than the world's existing internet backbone networks at 100 gigabits and surpassing the United States fifth-generation Internet2 with a minimum speed of 400 gigabits per second
[/color]

The first thing that pops into my mind is that if China -- or anyone -- has a claim to the fastest internet speed, how do you measure it?    Tongue  Can you measure by a slower system?  

The second thing that pops into my head is....... of what value is a speed that far surpasses the speed of thought?   Certainly data transference and mathematical extrapolations are valuable, but what was the purpose of building such a thing?   

Weaponry.    Weapons are the speed of thought.   Truly frightening.
(11-18-2023, 11:49 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: This is not my normal type of article to post.  But when I cam across this info, I had to share it.  I am assuming this is not some propaganda put out by the CCP.  But you be the judge.
[/color]
Thats crazy!  Its got me wondering what they are doing to need to build such a fast pipe.
[/font][/color]

They say that fiber optics is the only tech that doesn’t follow the “every two years” increase in tech sophistication. All that you need is a better laser at a shorter frequency.

Maybe Phil Corso was correct in saying that it is reverse engineering of alien tech!!

You have to have something like this before IoT. Everyone else has 4K vid and 5G coms, why are us plebes charged more for such “luxury” tech??

BeerL
Building a new deity. Get ready to kneel.
We all need to wake up to the reality that China is the next world superpower. While we wither and die chasing pipe dreams like solar power for the masses to charge batteries that don't work worth a damn in cold places, China goes all in on future technology.
They need it for all the hacking and trolling the Chinese government does!
In the past when a new multiplayer game on steam was released it usually had an influx of Chinese players (even if they had different servers worldwide) who found ways to cheat. I always thought this was part of the training for a next gerneration.

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
Its a neat parlor trick but where redundancy is concerned a greater number of smaller circuits trumps one expensive big one. This may be a very limited application creation for linking scientific entities who move massive volumes of data. From a more traditional network perspective smaller circuits in bundles has become the norm, especially when you want to have multiple connections to different providers for redundancy.
I don't understand all the tech stuff.  But I think I can safely say that China is out performing the USA and moving ahead in power and technology, while we in America sit here having arguments over pronouns and "likes" on social media.  They spend their money on advancement, while we spend our money supporting tens of millions of illegals.  Their military proudly grows ... while ours can't find recruits.  They are the worlds superpower .... not us.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence